Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3mm figures?
07-24-2014, 01:59 PM
3mm figures?
I am in search of rules for modern warfare. I am planning to use 3mm figures. Infantry, aircraft, tanks, etc.

I notice the description mentions 6mm and Micro Armour. Is there any conversion to use that scale? Would any be required to use 3mm?

Is there any way to learn more about the company/battalion level games? Is a certain basing size used or is it still just 1 : 1?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2014, 01:20 AM
RE: 3mm figures?
(07-24-2014 01:59 PM)TriOpticon Wrote:  I am in search of rules for modern warfare. I am planning to use 3mm figures. Infantry, aircraft, tanks, etc.

I notice the description mentions 6mm and Micro Armour. Is there any conversion to use that scale? Would any be required to use 3mm?

Is there any way to learn more about the company/battalion level games? Is a certain basing size used or is it still just 1 : 1?

Thanks.

To use 3mm you would likely need to half the distances listed. Our rules system does not use company or larger scale per tank on the field. During play testing we found that most people were not able to play a game in those terms and tended to revert back to a 1:1 method of fighting.
07-27-2014, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the information!
07-28-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 02:42 PM by PGGAdmin.)
If you could, tell me a little about 3mm tanks. I was not aware of the scale when we wrote Fields of Fire. Is this scale used in the US or just Europe? It seems very unusual.
08-31-2014, 09:40 AM
3mm is by Oddzial Osmy primarily, carried in the US by picoarmor

http://www.picoarmor.com

That being said, I'm a GHQ fan Smile